1. Will save you a lot of money
* Once the initial expense is reclaimed, the power that you get from the sun is virtually 100 % free.
* The recovery/ repayment period of time for this expense may be really brief
depending upon the amount of electricity usage by your household.
* Governments worldwide have stepped up to the plate and are providing incentives for installation of solar power systems, therefore if you are keen to install these systems you can take advantages of these. For more details contact local representatives in your area.
* You can take advantage of Net Metering i.e. In the event your system generate a lot more power than you utilize, the utility provider can purchase it from you. How about getting a check from the utility provider for a change!!
* Even if you don’t produce enough energy to take advantage of net metering, you’ll still save a lot of money on electric bills.
* Since solar energy does not require any fuel, you will never ever have to be bothered about the ever increasing price of gasoline.
* The savings are instant as well as for several years into the future.
2. Non-harmful to the environment
* Unlike other sources of energy, the great advantage of solar power is that it is renewable.
* Solar power is non-polluting, as it does not release harmful gases during its production.
* There are no by products to deal with.
3. They require low to no maintenance.
* Solar Power systems are almost free of any maintenance and have an effective lifespan of about 20 to 25 years.
* Once set up, there aren’t any recurring expenses.
* They do not have any moving mechanical parts in them, thus are virtually silent.
4. Increase value of your property
One benefit of using solar energy not many people talk about is homes that have solar panels installed in them sell at a higher price.
Three researchers from the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory looked at home sales – homes with PV systems and without it – in California over an eight-and-a-half-year time period concluding in mid-2009, the summary of their research reports, “the evaluation confirms solid evidence that homes with Photovoltaic systems have sold for a premium over similar homes without Photovoltaic systems.”
What do the various Advantages of Solar Power mean to you?
In all of the history of solar power the benefits of solar power haven’t ever been as fruitful as they are now. Due to increase in demand solar power is becoming more affordable.
Since the cost associated with components needed to manufacture solar panels has fallen, with proper guidance you can actually make your own solar power system for a very small investment. Find out how to do it here at Make Solar Panels.